The world’s first Online Culinary Nutrition Program has arrived.Meghan Telpner, nutritionista and woman behind the bestselling book UnDiet, has put her unique, educational, entertaining and inspiring classes and workshops together in order to create for a truly one-of-a-kind education experience.
Meghan has been teaching her classes from her Toronto loft kitchen for five years and has now made this course material available to new students from around the world. This is going to change your business, your health, and your life in more ways than you can imagine.
As a trained chef with a true passion for nutrition, I knew this was something I wanted to take part in.
Through the program, I have gained more knowledge than I ever thought I would, learned how to put together my own workshop and cooking class- and execute one, and developed recipes galore.
I worked hard, had a blast, and am incredibly proud to call myself a Culinary Nutrition Expert. I highly recommend this program to anyone looking to boost their nutrition knowledge, gain skills in the kitchen and maybe even turn it into a career. Two very enthusiastic thumbs up!
-Chef Kristin Rugg
In the fall of 2013, we will be commencing Meghan Telpner’s Online Culinary Nutrition Expert Program. This program includes basic natural nutrition expertise combined with culinary nutrition, food prep and cooking skills, and there is nothing being offered like this anywhere. Through this program, you will become certified as a Culinary Nutrition Expert.
View EXCLUSIVE Preview Videos From the Course
We’ve been sharing these sneak peek videos all week. If you missed them, register here for instant access:
We have put together a complete and thorough culinary nutrition training program that offers both practical, everyday, natural cooking skills as well as a deeper exploration into the therapeutic properties of the foods we eat and how we prepare them.
This well-rounded online program includes real time workshop videos, accompanying course materials, weekly live stream demonstration videos with Q and A, reading materials, and Meghan’s business coaching workshop and goal setting workshops, along with recommended reading lists, home study assignments, cooking and menu planning assignments, and involvement in community food events.
We are confident that we are presenting the most complete, extensive, fun and delicious Culinary Nutrition Expert Program that we could dream up.
You have been asking for it! It is now here!
We have done our best to outline as many details of the course as we can below. Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have further questions.
Certification requirement: Completion of a minimum of 200 hours of training over 12 week course duration.
- Holistic/Natural nutritionists
- Health coaches
- Homeopathic doctors
- Naturopathic doctors
- Medical doctors and nurses
- Yoga teachers
- Fitness trainers
- Bodywork specialists
- Committed individuals with a keen personal interest in food and nutrition
We spend much time with our heads down in books, researching, writing and then finally working with clients and patients. Unfortunately, very little emphasis in most nutrition and health programs is placed on hands on cooking techniques, holistic food preparation methods and how we can actually make all these foods that we know are good for us, taste delicious, be easy to prepare and get our clients/patients to also get on board. The hands-on cooking experience, is vital for inspiring others to eat this goodness- whether it be your clients or your kids!
It is amazing how much nutrition information I absorbed in such a short time. It wasn’t until I actually conducted my first workshop that I came to realize just how much of what Meghan taught us really sunk in. She really introduced us to WHY certain foods are so good for us, breaking down the technical reasons in easy to understand ways. Her introduction of new key foods has changed my daily life completely; I eat better (and I already ate well), feel better, and cook better. I find myself sharing what Meghan taught me to ALL THE TIME.
- Meg Pearson, CNE at MAP Wellness
Registration and successful completion of UnDiet Meal Prep Made Easy and all accompanying handouts. You do not need to already carry any professional designation. See application guidelines below for further information.
Part A: Online Instruction
Our online instruction will fall into three formats including pre-recorded real time instructional workshops (90minutes-2hrs in length each), weekly live stream demonstrations with coaching plus Q and A with Meghan, collaborative classes with industry experts, and dedicated teaching assistants (TAs) who will each be assigned a group of students to work with through the duration of the program.
Foundation Nutrition Course
Fundamentals of Nutrition with Josh Gitalis- 3 hours of lecture with supporting reference materials on the foundations of nutrition including break down of carbs, fats and proteins as well as sources, functions, and deficiency symptoms of major vitamins and minerals.
Real Time Instructional Workshops
- Shot and edited using professional HD equipment with multiple cameras to see detailed preparation shots as well as the big picture.
- They run in real time, meaning if something requires 20 minutes to cook, you will see it go into the oven and 20 minutes later, you will see it come out for the most part. We had to cheat here and there for baking.
- Each workshop comes with a full set of supportive course materials.
- Each workshop video is followed by a brief quiz to ensure that the main concepts have been understood and retained. The quiz needs to be completed before moving on to the next course.
- Dedicated private forum via Facebook for all Culinary Nutrition Students.
- 8 Workshops include: Eating For Awesome Energy, The Veggie Transition, Raw Food Power, Smoothie and Juicing, Healing Elixirs and Herbal Medicine with guest Josh Gitalis, Gluten Free Baking with guest Lindsay Isaac, Sweet Tooth Healthy Treats, and Edible Beauty Care.
Foods For Healing Intensive
This course includes over 2 1/2 hours of lecture style teaching and an additional set of food preparation demonstration videos on the value and power of food as our medicine. Due to the extensive content, this course is offered in the last two weeks of the program, following the eight workshops outlined above to allow more time for viewing and reading of the information.
Weekly Live Stream Class
In order to maintain the community and connection of what was previously an in person program, we will all connect together once a week for 10 weeks for interactive demonstrations and chats.
- 10 Weekly live stream meet-ups hosted by Meghan.
- Demonstration of key techniques, tips, and tricks on specific nutritional themes- will require preparation of 2 dishes per week.
- Instructional coaching and education relating to upcoming assignments.
- Question and Answer opportunity based on previous workshop.
Part B: Home Study/Practice
Home Study/Assignments will include:
One week prior to commencement of the program, you will receive a full course syllabus that outlines all of the assignments and their due dates. Please see below for assignment guidelines. Some assignments address the following:
- Development of meal plans in accordance with various dietary restrictions.
- Recipe development and testing.
- Client simulation: following a prescribed meal plan for 3 days.
- Ingredient Exploration Tasks: Selection of specific healing ingredients, experimenting with a variety of applications, creating recipes that exploit health-promoting benefits.
- Hosting your own cooking class /workshop or dinner party (Recipe development, class hosting, meal serving, etc.) with documentation (recipes, prep schedule, shopping lists, photos, and reviews).
- Each week there will be one assignment due, as well as the required submission of pictures of the assigned recipes.
Part C: Research Component/Required Reading
- Required viewing of your choice of four food related documentaries (based on specific list)
- UnDiet, by Meghan Telpner
- Omnivore’s Dilemma, by Michael Pollan
- In Defence Of Food, by Michael Pollan.
- Perfect Health, by Deepak Chopra
Part D: Community and Practical Skills Development
Attendance and/or volunteering at a minimum of five community food-related events, lectures, shows, etc.
This was LIFE CHANGING. I just completed this course and it was an outstanding educational experience and completely life changing. 10 stars out of 5!! I highly recommend to those interested in taking their personal nutrition or health business to the next level.
-Sammie Kennedy, CEO/Founder Booty Camp Fitness
Fall 2013 Schedule: Course Breakdown and Timing
Note: this is a suggested course breakdown and schedule. Meghan Telpner Inc. reserves the right to modify course content, reading recommendations and scheduled dates.
Prior to commencement of program you are required to complete UnDiet Meal Prep Made Easy. This course will be made available to you immediately upon registration in the program.
Week of September 16th
- Workshop/Course: Fundamentals of Nutrition
- Live Stream, Thursday, September19th 12pm EDT: Low Glycemic Eating
Week of September 23rd
- Workshop/Course: Eating for Awesome Energy
- Live Stream, Thursday, September 26th 12 pm EDT: Vegetarian Balanced, Principles of Macrobiotic
Week of September 30th
- Workshop/Course: The Veggie Transition
- Live Stream, Thursday, October 3rd, 12 pm EDT: Healthy Comfort Food
Week of October 7th
- Workshop: Raw Food Power
- Live Stream Thursday, October 10th: Veggie Protein
Week of October 14th
- Workshop/Course: Smoothie on Up, Juice it On Down
- Live Stream, Thursday, October 17th: Raw Food Feast
Week of October 21st
- Workshop: Elixirs and Herbal Medicine with Josh Gitalis
- Live Stream, Thursday October 24th: Asian Flare
Week of October 28th
- Workshop: Gluten Free Baking
- Live Stream, Thursday October 31st Ayurvedic Cooking/Indian Spice
Week of November 4th
- Workshop: Sweet Tooth Healthy Treats
- Live Stream, Thursday, November 7th Mediterranean Lovers
Week of November 11th
- Workshop: Edible Beauty Care
- Live Stream, Thursday, November 20th Mexican Fiesta
Week of November 18th + November 25th
- Workshop: Foods For Healing
- Live Stream, Thursday, November 28th: Foods For Healing Q & A
Saturday, November 23rd
- Course: 10am – 5pm Get Your Biz Rocking
Saturday, November 30th
- Course: 12:00pm – 1:30 pm, Make It Happen: Goal Setting
Important Note: Once you have been granted access to a workshop, you have ongoing unlimited access to the content. That means you can have a refresher whenever you need it!
Outside of the “in class” training, the independent learning component is extensive. At the commencement of the program (early September), a curriculum outline with dates and deadlines will be provided. These dates are non-negotiable as they are set up so that you can receive feedback before the next deadline approaches.
Though we expect this program will be the most fun you’ve ever had, there is still much important information to cover and we want to make sure we get it covered so we can send you off into the world, confident that you’re not going to make healthy food that tastes like crap, and also know why we won’t encourage the use of things like Earth Balance, corn starch, artificial sweeteners and such other vital points of consideration.
You will be given a letter or number grade for your work, and we reserve the right to withhold the passing of this program, and the granting of a certificate should the expected requirements not be met, deadlines missed- or if your food tastes and/or looks really, really bad. You are required to complete all course materials in the timeline provided with an extra month permitted at the end to complete community events, and book/film reviews.
Assignments will be sent and received digitally through our educational platform.
Technical Requirements, Equipment and Skills
Assignments will be submitted digitally, preferably in PDF form. You will also, at times, be required to submit photos and/or video.
You will be receiving the video content to view online and PDF documents that you can download. It is your responsibility to ensure that your computer can handle the goods. We have done our very best to ensure the user-friendliness and ease of use of this program, but there are often some stumbling blocks in the way. Be sure to check your computer’s programs BEFORE your purchase.
In short, you need flash and you need a PDF reader like acrobat. Both are available for free to download.
The ideal browsers to view the program are: Safari, Chrome, and Firefox.
Though we wish we were amazing tech wizards, we are not and cannot be responsible for helping with your technical issues, such as walking you through set-up of flash or acrobat, or helping you locate your downloads on your computer. We have tested this program and guarantee it will work with the above system requirements. It is your responsibility to ensure your computer has what you need.
You will need a digital camera. It doesn’t have to be fancy and the one on your phone will likely do the trick. You will also need to know how to create a PDF document from a word document.
This is school and will require some real time. We anticipate the video time to work out to 70 hours after we include classes, workshops, and meetings. Home study and practice hours could easily surpass 135 hours, depending on how strong your research skills are, how quickly you work in the kitchen, and how quickly you can do your own dishes.
This is a commitment, and we only want you to apply if you believe you can make the time for this.
Should you choose to take on this course over a 10 week period, Mid-September to early December, you can expect the following time commitment:
- 3-4 hrs / week for video viewing
- 4 hrs / week in your own kitchen
- 3-4 hrs / week on assignments
- 3 hrs / week reading/watching/writing assigned books and documentaries
By submitting your course fee or first payment (see below for details), you are agreeing to our terms and conditions as outlined in this document. and in our general Meghan Telpner Inc. Terms and Conditions.
The application process is simple and requires two parts:
Step 1: Payment- choose your payment plan below.
Once we receive both, you can expect to hear from us within 5 business days to confirm your enrollment in the program. Please note that payments are non-refundable and non-transferable. We therefore strongly recommend reading through and submitting the application along with your payment at the same time.
Includes: Meal Prep Made Easy Pre-requisite course, Fundamentals of nutrition, 8 workshops, Foods for Healing, 10 Live Stream demo classes, access to secure forum, hard copy of UnDiet*, and all course documentation, recipe packages and assignment coaching in digital/downloadable form.
* For North American addresses only.
One time payment: $2,299
4 monthly payments: $619*
*Should any payments be late, interest will be charged on a 2% per business day.
What Can People Call You After?
Through Meghan Telpner Culinary Academy, upon completion of the program in a timely manner with full effort put into all classes, workshops, and assignments, you will be granted the title as a Meghan Telpner Certified, Culinary Nutrition Expert (C.N.E.).
You will also be encouraged to list yourself as Meghan Telpner Certified and emblems/logos for both designations will be provided that can be used on your website or other promotional materials. We will also feature the outstanding work of graduates on our own website.
What Can You Do With These Skills?
When all is said and done, there is a whole lot you can do with the skills and knowledge you will acquire, and these things are in high demand! Options include, but are not limited to:
- Running cooking classes
- Teaching cooking at community centres, youth centres, schools etc.
- Meal planning
- Cooking/catering private dinners, events, or delivery service
- Cookbook development
- Recipe testing
- Community dinner party hosting
- Becoming a better nutritionist, dietitian, naturopath, doctor etc.
- Working here with us!
Is This Program Recognized by Provincial/State/National Boards?
This program grants you the certification as a Culinary Nutrition Expert which enables you to practice as a Culinary Nutrition Expert. There are no government certifying bodies or regulation boards of any kind in Canada or the US that govern nutritionists – whether they attended a holistic nutrition school, integrative nutrition school, natural nutrition college or natural chef’s college. There is only regulation on university degree-level dietetics programs. At this time, this program does not fall within the professional guidelines as set by self-run, and self-goverened professional groups, and Meghan Telpner Inc. has chosen to stop pursuing this avenue as our student’s success after completing this program proved that such associations were unnecessary for professional success and credibility as a Culinary Nutrition Expert.
Should you have any questions, or would like to make any requests or recommendations, do not hesitate to contact us by email at hello(at)meghantelpner(dot)com or by phone at 855-558-0233.
For inspiration- hop on over to the CNE alumni page and check out what our former students are up to!